I"m not one to ever skip Thanksgiving for Christmas. I don't listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, I don't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving, and I certainly don't turn on my outside Christmas lights before I celebrate the Thanks part of the Thanksgiving season.
I feel it is important to celebrate Thanks for all of the blessings in my life. Certainly Christmas is the 'Season of Giving', and one should give thanks always - but I'm a staunch supporter of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Now with that being said, I have to note that Thanksgiving is THIS Thursday - and that means that Christmas is barely *ONE * MONTH * AWAY*!!
Why is this important? Because if you want to have a Christmas Advent House prominently displayed in your house, or business, by Christmas Morning, I'm thinking you'd better get started building. There are no more available pre-built Advent Houses available for this year from any other supplier. But you can build your own for This Year by ordering one from AdventHousePlans. The 'Full Mansion Kit' contains everything you need to complete the Advent House, except for the finishes (ie. brick, paint, texture and lighting).
So what are you waiting for? Buy your AdventHouseKit today and get started building! With some effort and focus, you can have your Beautiful Advent House displayed on your mantel, or table, or even at your office.
You can purchase a kit here:
Don't miss out this year - buy one today!
Thursday, January 2, 2014
I get lots of questions about the Advent House and one of the most common is what is NOT included in the 'Full Mansion Kit'? So here is a list of items that you will need to provide, that is NOT included in the Full Mansion Kit:
- Super Glue - And, if desired, wood glue for the main structure
- Paint - We can't ship spray paint (we use dark green and black on our test models)
- Texture - We can't ship this either (we suggest a simple grey stone texture from your local hardware store.
- Exterior Finish - We sell 3 types of exterior brick finish on our website or you can find another option.
- Interior Lighting - We suggest a 25-light LED string of Christmas lights. Or a single, low-watt switchable bulb.
- Exterior Decorations - Snow, icicles, trees, ponds, benches, etc....
- A Printer - For printing the images on the included vellum for behind the windows and the door (the images are included as a download after purchase of the Full Mansion Kit)
So, there you go - everything you need to get an Advent House set up and beautiful for Christmas Next Year!